Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Las Vegas, baby!

I haven't been posting as much because I'm trying to get my new WordPress installation configured and plug-ins added, etc. But I've been working my butt off! Since my birthday is coming up, I was trying to come up with something to do.

Then Vi told Sean about a deal that Allegiant Air is having where if you book one fly/hotel package, the 2nd person flies free. I never quite trust that sort of promotion because I have checked it before and it has come out about the same, or cheaper if I look for hotel deals myself. But this actually ended up being a good deal!

If we each got regular airfare ($158+tax pp) then the hotel ends up being like $29 a night total. I think it was approximately $450 total for the 2 of us to fly from Fort Wayne to Las Vegas and stay 3 nights at the Imperial Palace. I picked the Imperial Palace because it is cheap and very centrally located. This is where we usually stay since it's right in the middle of everything and you can't beat the price! I know there are snobs who say the Imperial Palace is tacky and old and they would never stay there, but we've stayed there many times and been very happy with it. Its cost/benefit ratio is the best, IMO.

And we were very lucky that the kennel could take our dogs since it would be so near Labor Day. The dog's room costs almost as much as ours.

And while looking for what shows we might want to go see, I found a promotion through Ticketmaster where you can get seats to the Cirque de Soleil shows for half price! They are the less desirable seats, but in the specially designed Cirque de Soleil theaters it is hard to find a really bad seat. When we went to see Mystere' we got the nosebleed seats in the middle because they are actually some of the best seats because so much happens in the air that you can see it all without having to twist your neck trying to see straight up. I found that tip on the internet before we went and it was a very good one. The seats are about $50 less than the "good" ones and they are arguably, as good or better. Again, high cost/benefit ratio.

Some people might call me obsessive about deals but since I'm obsessive about everything, it comes in handy here. I'm all about good value for your money!

~Susan Mellott

No comments: