Friday, July 27, 2007

Google Analytics Update and WordPress Beef

Well, the latest on my problem accessing blogger.com, google analytics, etc is now fixed. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I closed Firefox and reopened it and everything was OK. I had tried closing all but 1 tab and that didn't do it. I thought I might have to reboot my PC but fortunately not.

As you may know, I'm trying to decide between Google Blogger and WordPress for my blog. Currently I am updating both and trying to decide which one I want to ultimately go to. So far, in many ways I have been leaning towards WordPress. Part of this is because I like the idea of hosting it myself and I am hoping that when I do, some of the problems will be solved with the additional plug-ins available.

But it is driving me crazy trying to add buttons and whatnot to my WordPress.com blog. I am trying to add a "Digg It" button for Digg. But it seems to be impossible. I have looked and looked and can't find a reasonable solution. And there are many other ones that won't work on WordPress, usually because WordPress doesn't allow Javascript.

And it would not be so bad if it wasn't almost every single thing I try to do. I do it in Blogger and it is easy. I try in WordPress and it is somewhere between difficult and impossible.

I am still hopeful that if I host my WordPress blog, it will solve alot of these problems. I really hope so because for some reason, I still like WordPress.

~Susan Mellott

No comments: