Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wikipedia Mind Map

Through my usual browsing and following links, I happened upon a very interesting site called "What I Learned Today". And on that site, I found a post about WikiMindMap. This is a fascinating site that takes whatever you are interested in and maps it out in a parent-child diagram (or "mind map" I guess they are now being called) that shows supporting topics in a way that is very easy to read and follow. I tried to capture a picture of what the site returns, but couldn't get it to size right and finally decided it wasn't worth messing with. But if you go to the WikiMindMap site you can see for yourself.

I mapped Learning 2.0 and got some very great links that I am still exploring. Be sure to drill down where applicable to get the full picture. One note, it seems to come up searching wikipedia.de instead of wikipedia.en (english). So be sure to change it on the first page where the search box is located.

Then I thought I would see what other wikipedia tools there were and found this on the wikipedia site. I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet, but it looks like there are a lot of interesting tools to explore.

It would be nice if WikiMindMap had some interfaces to it, but I couldn't find any reference to them on the site or doing a general browse.

~Susie




No comments: