Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A great online store for reading related items!

As you know, I am playing with my 2 blogs and trying widgets and code and whatnot. So I was playing around with the various page elements on my Google Blogger blog and found one called Newsreel that let me search for certain keywords in the news and display news about them.

I put in Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and Learning 2.0. Then I went to my page to see what it looked like. It is really cool! There were all sorts of interesting news bits. So I clicked on one that sounded interesting and lo and behold, it was a link to a site I've been reading lately - ilovelibraries.org. And it was talking about all the neat things they have in their store, like posters (nice one of Orlando Bloom :) and bumper stickers and all sorts of paraphenalia that anyone who loves shopping and reading (and helping libraries) would love.

Bumper sticker for sale This was a bumper sticker you could buy. I love it! You can buy it here. And here is a link to their store. They have posters and umbrellas and mugs and clothing and lots of things, all with a really neat reading theme.

And revenue from products in the ALA Store provides direct support to the programs and initiatives of the American Library Association.

So go check it out! And look around the site too, it is very interesting and well worth a visit.

~Susie

No comments: